Discover the plants and animals that live in and around a pond in this new Pre-reader about the many things to be found in this amazing ecosystem.
If you visited a pond, what would you see? In this fun Pre-reader, young readers will learn all about ponds and the ducks, turtles, frogs, and other animals that call these watery habitats home.
Key features include:
- Expert-vetted text appropriate for ages 3 to 5 and up to a kindergarten grade level
- Brilliant and eye-catching National Geographic images
- A vocabulary tree and wrap-up activity that introduces kids to new words and concepts
Perfect for beginning and young readers, National Geographic Pre-readers give kids a chance to use what they’ve learned, while expanding their understanding of the world.
About the series: This high-interest, educationally-vetted readers series features magnificent National Geographic images accompanied by text written by experienced, skilled children’s book authors. Each reader includes a glossary and interactive features in which kids get to use what they’ve learned in the book. Level 1 readers reinforce the content of the book with a kinesthetic learning activity. Level 2 readers feature slightly higher-level text and additional vocabulary words. Level 3 readers have more layers of information to challenge more proficient readers. For emerging readers, the Pre-reader level introduces vocabulary and concepts, and the Co-reader level provides a collaborative reading experience.
Praise for National Geographic Readers:
“Reliable in format and solid in execution, this series works well to introduce children of varying levels of reading comfort to nonfiction and research formats.”
Quoted by: Maggie Reagan, Booklist
Complete your collection with these popular National Geographic Pre-readers:
- National Geographic Readers: Swing, Sloth! Explore the Rain Forest
- National Geographic Readers: At the Beach
- National Geographic Readers: Animal Homes
- National Geographic Readers: Hop, Bunny! Explore the Forest