Author: Kiran Millwood Hargrave | Age: 10-14 | English | Page: 256 | Paperback | 20 x 1.8 x 14.2 cm
From the author of the bestselling THE GIRL OF INK & STARS comes a moving, enthralling and heartbreaking tale of finding your way home ...
WINNER OF THE HISTORICAL ASSOCIATION YOUNG QUILLS AWARD
SHORTLISTED FOR THE COSTA BOOK AWARD
SHORTLISTED FOR THE BLUE PETER BOOK AWARD
'The Island at the End of Everything is such a fiercely kind and generous book, and so finely-wrought and so full of light ... brilliant.' KATHERINE RUNDELL
'Kiran Millwood Hargrave is the new big gun in children’s fiction ... This is an enchanting book by a writer who fully deserves the fuss that’s being made of her.' TELEGRAPH
'A lyrical, magical book' METRO
'An instant classic' BOOKTRUST
Amihan lives on Culion Island, where some of the inhabitants – including her mother – have leprosy.
Ami loves her home – with its blue seas and lush forests, Culion is all she has ever known. But the arrival of malicious government official Mr Zamora changes her world forever: islanders untouched by sickness are forced to leave.
Banished across the sea, she's desperate to return, and finds a strange and fragile hope in a colony of butterflies. Can they lead her home before it's too late?
- The fourth children’s novel by Times number one bestselling author Kiran Millwood Hargrave, winner of the Waterstones Children’s Book Prize and the British Book Awards Children’s Book of the Year
- From the author of A Secret of Birds & Bone, The Way Past Winter, Julia and the Shark and The Mercies – chosen for the Richard & Judy Book Club
- An irresistibly poetic, bittersweet and heartbreaking tale of a girl finding her way back to her mother
MORE PRAISE FOR THE ISLAND AT THE END OF EVERYTHING:
- 'A gripping adventure' GUARDIAN
- 'A beautiful, haunting tale of leprosy, lepidoptery and loyalty' FRANCES HARDINGE
- 'Exquisite' EMMA CARROLL
- 'Truly a stunning book' PETER BUNZL
- 'A breathtaking read' SALLY GARDNER