Author: DK | Age: Adult | English
Packed with more than 640 high-definition maps and over 950 illustrations and diagrams, this is the ultimate world atlas.
Fully revised and updated edition to encompass recent world events, this extensive atlas is an invaluable reference for home, school, and office.
This atlas of the world includes:
- More than 640 high-definition, updated regional and world-wide maps based on the latest digital mapping and satellite data
- Over 950 high-quality illustrations and diagrams
- 3D terrain models that reveal physical features
- Wide range of popular topics in the world from the solar system and the world's oceans, to global climate and landscape, and states and boundaries
- Key geographical facts including population density, detailed infrastructure and transportation information, and time zones
- A comprehensive index that contains more than 80,000 place names
- Special 24-page feature section with detailed mapping of the British Isles (UK Edition)
This indispensable atlas book opens with a wonderful introduction to our world with a series of maps that illustrate its physical, political, economic, and demographic geography. As you continue to turn the pages, you'll soon discover that this atlas is unlike any other.
This engaging home learning resource delivers superb cartography through beautifully designed and incredibly informative maps, diagrams and photographs to provide accurate coverage of the whole world. It also contains a wealth of fascinating facts that help give a real flavour of the geography and culture of a region. This beautiful large-format world atlas is the perfect addition to any school or family library, or even an ideal gift for geography students!
Updated 11th Edition (2021):
- Hundreds of toponymic updates to the maps
- Revised country and place names, for example, Eswatini (formerly Swaziland) and Czechia (formerly Czech Republic)
- Updated country statistics and population numbers
- Major new infrastructure projects such as new rail and road updates, including the Crimean Bridge across the Kerch Strait